ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185 ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thinking Myself Thin Thursdays #7

I have to admit I am extremely frustrated this week.  I gained 4 pounds.  I am right back where I started in the beginning.  Granted it is likely mostly water weight but I really would like to see a change for the better.  I need to get more serious about exercise and quit making excuses.  Why is it so hard to move exercise up on the list of priorities?  I would suppose it is just because in general I don't take a lot of time for myself no matter what. 

I am the mom who does for everyone else and rarely for myself but seriously if I don't get this weight off am I not just cheating them out of the mom I could be?  Do you ever just hang out on the sidelines because of your weight not participating for the fear of looking foolish?  Yep that is me on a routine basis.  I hang out with the great group of boys in our Boy Scout troop but I struggle to keep up with them on a long hike or such.  I still try but I tend to get frustrated with myself because I am only 33 and I should be able to keep up.  Or when the kiddo wants to shoot hoops and I ache at the thought of trying to do that over and over.

Well this week I am going to take a tip from Bob on The Biggest Loser.  He talked about being on vacation this week and how it is easy to find a flight of stairs and just go up and down them for 20-30 minutes.  It provides a great workout to add in some stair dips.  I have stairs right in my house and I think I can find a clock to keep me on track. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment