ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185 ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Book Review ~ Jesus Calling


I had the opportunity recently to review a copy of "Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace in His Presence" by Sarah Young. This book is a small gift devotional for an entire year. It is small enough to fit in your purse and pretty enough to share. The content of the devotions are all written as if Jesus himself were speaking to you. Each devotional entry lists multiple scripture references.

I enjoyed the approach of reading a devotional that takes the position of being personally messaged for the reader by Jesus. I took this book along to camp with my boys and read to my 12 year old nightly. He continually asked for me to read night after night before turning off the flashlight. I would recommend this book as a gift for anyone you think might need a bit of encouragement all year long.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I am reading the same book now.
It is short and sweet devo's. Just enough!

Great review!

Niki Jolene said...

Gosh I just adore devotional books. I am reading one now called Proverbs for Teachers.

:)

Post a Comment