ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185 ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How-To Tuedsay (Chocolate Mug Cake)

When I started this blog I fully intended to teach you something each Tuesday. I live in a housefull of kids with ADHD among other things and sometimes I think the distraction rubs off on me. Well today (thanks to my sister-in-law Laura) I have a new how-to for you! Drum roll..........
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake for 1
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large microwave safe coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. (I did 2.5 minutes for 1100 watts) The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Sorry I missed the milk in the ingredients picture. Here is the cake mixed.
It is baking in my new shiney microwave.
It is cooling a bit.
I enjoyed this cake but had to share it with the boys because for me it was a bit much. It has a dense texture almost brownie like. Some fudge frosting would be a good addition or a scoop of ice cream. Maybe add both for a personal hot fudge brownie sundae!

0 comments:

Post a Comment