ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185 ss_blog_claim=4f872fe49220362935df164851758185

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Eggs!


I bet some of you are thinking I am a bit crazy for buying 10 dozen eggs tonight. Well, you might be right but let me see if I can change your mind. Keep in mind you can keep eggs in the fridge for around 5 weeks.


  • I do bake quite a bit on and off and this will give me the chance to make some baked goods to freeze.

  • I also have 3 teen/preteen boys who love eggs for breakfast. Two eggs per person in our family is 10 eggs or almost a dozen. If I scramble them I will just do the two extra and freeze a breakfast burrito for my hubby.

  • Quiche and egg bake make a filling meal and leftovers are easily reheated.

  • Egg salad sandwiches make for an easy lunch.

  • Boiled eggs that are chilled are good snacks and great salad toppers.

  • If all else fails you can freeze eggs by cracking one into each cube of an ice cube tray. They will not be good for frying but you can use them in baked goods.

I hope that maybe I have given you some good frugal ideas to use and abundance of eggs. If you have others please leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment